The one traybake recipes are the perfect, hassle-free, and easy solution to prepare delicious Dinner/Lunch in no time. Plus, it will save you time on washing up utensils in the kitchen. All you need is just one tray/pan and some ingredients to make one terrific dinner/lunch.
Try these 6 easy and delicious one traybake recipes for dinner/lunch.
1. Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
Prep. Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour approx.
- 4-5 medium size potatoes, cut them into half or quarterly (as per your preference)
- 1 kg fresh chicken (thighs and legs)
- 1 large onion (cut it into big pieces)
- Olive oil 5-6 Tablespoons
- Garlic Cloves 5-6 unpeeled
- Dried Oregano 1 Teaspoon
- Dried Thyme 1 Teaspoon
- Paprika 1 ½ Teaspoons
- Salt (Black, Pink Himalayan, Regular White as per your preference) 1 Teaspoon OR to taste
- Black Pepper 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds ½ Teaspoon
- Fresh Rosemary
1. Take a large bowl and mix all the spices with olive oil in it. Then place the chicken in the same bowl and try to coat it very well with all the spices and olive oil. After mixing it properly, cover the bowl with a cotton cloth and let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, take a large baking tray and place baking paper on it, and keep it aside for now. Pre heats your oven to 220 ℃.
3. Now cut potatoes, place them in a bowl, and add salt, rosemary, and olive oil and give it a good mix.
4. Now take the baking tray, spread the potato mixture into the tray evenly, and add marinated chicken, onion pieces, garlic cloves, and add some more rosemary to it.
5. Now put the tray in the preheated oven and let it roast for about 1 hour.
6. After one hour, take the tray out from the oven, cool for at least 5-10 minutes, and then serve your one traybake roasted.
You can check out the video tutorial here.
2. Halloumi One Traybake Recipe
Prep. Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour approx.
- 750g medium size potatoes
- Red Onions 2 medium size one, cut them into large pieces
- Olive Oil 4 Tablespoon
- Chickpeas 400g (Boiled)
- Red Pepper 1large size, cut it into large strips
- Cauliflower 400gram, cut it into small florets
- Cherry tomatoes 250g (different colors)
- Garlic clove 4 (peeled)
- Reduced-Fat Halloumi 250gram (thin slices)
- Basil leaves 8-10 (crushed)
1. Preheat the oven to 160℃. And put the potatoes in a large baking tray and add onions with them. Pour over 2 tbsp olive oil and put the tray into the oven and let it roast in the oven for about 30 mins.
2. After 30 minutes take out the tray and add chickpeas, pepper, cauliflower, tomatoes, and garlic into it. Spread 2 tbsp olive oil, then roast for a further 20-25 mins until everything is cooked nicely.
3.After 25 minutes take out the tray and add the halloumi slices on top. Grill it for 5-10 mins, or until the cheese is melt (keep an eye on it).
4.After 10 minutes take out the tray and scatter over the basil leaves to serve.
To get more details on this dish, check this out.
3. Aloo Gobi One Traybake Recipe
Prep. Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1.25 Hours approx.
- 1 Cauliflower (large)
- Raw Cashews 100gram
- Potatoes (small) 500g, cut into halves
- Coconut Oil 180ml
- Turmeric powder 3 tablespoon
- Cumin seed powder 1 tablespoon
- Garlic clove 6 (peeled and crushed)
- 1 Onion and 1 Celery stalk (both finely chopped)
- Grated Ginger 25gram approx.
- Garam masala 2 tablespoons
- 1 bunch Coriander, (finely chopped stalks and leaves picked)
- 6 Green Chilies, (finely chopped)
- Toasted cashews, toasted coconut flakes, lime wedges, cooked brown rice, and Greek yogurt, to serve.
1. Take a microwave-safe bowl and place cauliflower in the bowl and half a cup of water and cover it with a plastic film. Microwave it for 10 minutes or so until it becomes soft and tender. Then take the bowl out from the oven and let it cool then cut into half pieces. Place it in a large roasting tray.
2. Now soak the cashews in boiled water for one hour. And preheat the oven to 200℃.
3. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in the cooker. After that transfer the cooled boiled potatoes and cauliflower into the baking tray. Spread 1½ tsp of turmeric and cumin powder, and spread ¼ cup of coconut oil on top. Roast it for 10 mins.
4. Now take a saucepan and popular reaming coconut oil into it and add onion and celery and cook this mixture until turns aromatic and golden brown, now at this stage add ginger and garlic to it and cook for 4-5 minutes more. Then add garam masala and remaining turmeric powder, and again cook it for 1-2 minutes. Add coriander stalks, half chili, and 2 cups of water to the mixture.
5. Now take out the cashews from the bowl and drain them. Make a paste of it and add it to the pan as well. And now cook for 1-2 minutes more.
6. Now take this mixture from the saucepan and spread it evenly over the tray filled with potatoes and cauliflower. Add some salt to taste. And roast it in the oven for 40 minutes.
7. After 40 minutes, take out the tray from the oven and scatter some coriander leaves, toasted cashews, coconut flakes, and remaining chili. Serve with lime wedges, rice, and yogurt.
You can check out the original piece here.
4. Chickpea One Traybake Recipe
Prep. Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 50 Minutes approx.
- Eggplant, (Brinjal) sliced into quarters
- Boiled Chickpeas ½ cup
- Coriander seeds 1 teaspoon, (lightly crushed)
- Kalonji seeds ½ tsp
- Red Chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Mint (dried) 1 teaspoon
- Salt ½ tsp
- Cinnamon, 2 small sticks
- Olive oil 3 tablespoon
- Tahini 1 ½ tbsp
- Pista (10-15 pieces chopped)
- Pomegranate seeds, a handful
- Mint leaves (10-15)
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Olive oil 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt and Black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius.
2. Take a baking tray and put the sliced eggplant and chickpeas into it. Sprinkle chili powder, crushed coriander seeds, kalonji seeds, and salt over it. Put cinnamon sticks and olive oil as well into the mixture and give it a toss. Now cover the tray with foil and put it in the oven, and cook for 30 minutes in its own steam.
3. After 30 minutes pull the tray out of the oven and remove the foil and stir it well. Now again put it in the oven for about 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes take the tray out of the oven. Drizzle tablespoon tahini and top the baking tray with chopped pista, mint leaves, and pomegranate seeds. Squeeze over half a lemon and drizzle the remaining olive oil.
5. Serve it warm, with, fresh tomatoes and mint dips like hummus and salads.
You can find similar recipes here.
5. One Traybake Pasta Recipe
Prep. Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
- Pasta (225g/8oz)
- Tomato Sauce (400g/14oz)
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Garlic Cloves 3, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Tomato paste, 30gram/2 tablespoons
- 360ml water
- Parmesan cheese
- Basil Leaves (8-10)
1. Take a pan and heat olive oil. Now add chopped onion and sauté for 5 minutes and after that add finely chopped garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
2. Now add tomato paste to it and cook for 1 minute. After 1-minute add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, water, and give it a good stir.
3. Now add boiled pasta and placed the pan in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes take out the tray and transfer it to a plate and grate some parmesan cheese and basil leaves on top.
Understand the preparation better here.
6. Piri-Piri Chicken with Sweet Potatoes & Broccoli
Prep. Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 55 Minutes
- Large Sweet Potatoes (900g approx.), peeled and cut into large pieces
- Broccoli 300gram (washed and boiled)
- Chicken (Thighs) 6-8 pieces
- Red Onions, 2 (cut into pieces)
- Piri-Piri spice mix, 25gram
- Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃.
2. Take a large baking tray, add the pieces of sweet potato to the one side of the tray and drizzle some oil over it, now on the other end place the chicken with onions, Piri-Piri spice mix, and drizzle some oil over it. Put this tray into the oven and let it roast for at least 40 minutes, and occasionally stir it.
3. After 40 minutes take out the tray from the oven and add the broccoli to the tray with some oil over it, and some seasoning, then put it back in the oven for 15 minutes more.
4. After 15 minutes take out the tray and remove the broccoli, chicken, and onions from the tray. Now gently mashed the sweet potatoes using a fork. Spread the mashed potatoes all over the tray and then placed the broccoli, chicken, and onions.
5. Now serve the dish and enjoy.
Here’s where you can get the original inspiration of this dish.
So, these were some easy-to-make and quick one traybake recipes you should definitely try at least once. And we hope that this blog will be helpful for you guys, especially when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen and yet want a quick, delicious dinner. We hope you liked these recipes, and let us know your favorite one in the comment section down below. And do share it with all your buddies who are foodies just like you and us.
Check out our other blogs here.